Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at StevenJeffers.com (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at Contact Page.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, contact information, passwords and security data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering on our website or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the website or Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or sending an inquiry to Support) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, website or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, Date of Birth, Gender for the purposes of two step verification during account creation. You will receive an email message to complete account registration and password resets. Users have the ability to create a Display Name so that their actual name is not disclosed on the public profile. We also understand some users prefer to use pseudonyms.
Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Verification: Verification of accounts requires a valid email which will send an authorization code. This information is only used for the verification process and password resets.
Information automatically collected on our website
In Short: Some information, device make and model and information necessary to provide push notifications, is collected automatically when you visit our website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but does include device type, and operating system. We collect the minimum amount of information necessary to maintain the security and operation of our Apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information with your permission:
- Geo-Location Information – Even though users have the ability to turn location services on and have their current location reflected in their posts StevenJeffers does not log or collect this information. The only location that is stored in our database is the one you use on your profile.
- Mobile Device Access – In order to use some features on the platform, we may request permission to access certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, contacts, storage, image gallery, sensors, and other features. If you wish to change these permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings at any time.
- Mobile Device Data – The only circumstances under which we will collect device information that has the potential to identify an individual user, such as your mobile device ID and IP address is for the purposes of gross violations of our Terms of Service as articulated in the most recent version of the document. Any incidental data collection from a user other than the individual who has violated the Terms of Service will be removed from our database.
- Push Notifications – We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account on the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings at any time.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests in operating and improving our platforms, the fulfillment of our agreement with you according to our Terms of Service, providing technical support, compliance with our legal obligations, and with your consent to use specific features of the platform.
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform our agreement with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the e-mail linked to your account for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time. (see the ” WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use the e-mail address linked to your account to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Deliver targeted content to you. We may use the specific interest areas you identify on the platform from the standard menu to develop and display content created by StevenJeffers and by third party content creators tailored to your specific interests, and we do place ads in our timelines.
- We may use the e-mail linked to your account to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Apps.
- To enforce the most recent version of our Terms of Service
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request valid in the State of California, we may need to inspect the data we hold in our database to determine how to respond. In the case of a subpoena, the user will be notified so they may consult with an appropriate legal professional. Because we collect the minimal amount of data necessary to maintain our Apps operation and other data only with user permission, we will not collect any additional data outside of what the user has given us express permission to access in response to a subpoena.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share your personal information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Performance of Our Mutual Agreements: Where we have entered into an agreement with you under our Terms of Service, we may process your personal information to fulfill or enforce the terms of these agreements.
- Legal Obligations: In extraordinary circumstances, we may disclose the information you have authorized us to store in our database for the purpose of using products on the platform where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, a court order or a subpoena (including in response to a law enforcement agency or to meet national security requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information in situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the website or Apps) or otherwise interact with public areas of the of website or Apps, such personal information you choose to share may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the website and Apps in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our website or Apps and your contacts on the social network will see your display name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our website or Apps, and view your profile data.
4. THIRD PARTIES YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
Google maps is used to add locations to your posts if you give choose to do so.
5. DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing optional services.
By using the ability to place a location in your posts, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You may revoke your consent for this feature at any time by turning off location services in your device settings.
If you choose to use this feature, StevenJeffers does not collect or store these locations in our database.
6. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you sync your contacts to our website or app using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures that utilize regular threat assessments.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- To deactivate your account, send an e-mail on Contact Page.
Upon receiving your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with legal requirements.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting Page. You will then be removed from the marketing email list; however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with on our Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the website or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws and as we add new features and services.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), by email on Contact Page, or by post to:
Texas, United States
Date of Last Revision January 6, 2022